Friday, June 20, 2008

RANT: Rogers Home Phone Sucks!!!

I came back from Ottawa today and found that my home business phone had been disconnected by Rogers.ca. I checked and actually re-paid the full balance of the last bill, thinking I had somehow missed it. Upon closer inspection, it turns out I have already paid the bill - TWICE!!! I challenge Rogers to prove otherwise as I have the records! As a result, I really feel everyone needs to know how really sad Rogers customer service is.

I got on the phone with "M", a representative. She is obviously in a call centre because she cannot grasp simple facts like people need their business lines to survive and lines that are errantly disconnected should be immediately re-connected. Her "manager" has to approve it and make the transfer but their internal system crashed.

Rogers is not quite as bad as Telus, but they are getting close. Shaw Cable on the other hand is a shining example of great customer service. At Shaw, a human actually answers the phone. When I phone the number printed on my Rogers bill, I get transferred to between 2-5 people before someone from the "right" department can attempt to understand. This reflects really badly on their ability to survive long term IMO as it both wastes their employees' valuable hours and annoys customers.

I am left in the lurch right now, having paid over $300 when I actually owe less than $200 and I'm still without a phone. Will update later.

Don't do business with Rogers for home phone if you do not have to. Same for Telus.

8 comments:

  1. I've found pretty much the same thing with a lot of Telus and Fido myself. I left Telus because I was unimpressed with the service, only to find that Fido was quiet a bit worse.

    I have Shaw for my net, phone and cable, and they are awesome.

    Good advice for all the other Vancouverites out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree. I called Shaw because I really like their service for internet etc. and you know what happaned? A human being answered the phone!!! How rare is that. I have never had to wait more than 3-5 rings to get a human at Shaw.

    Convinced me - I am switching everything to Shaw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rogers sucks. Use Shaw. Telus is the worst excuse for a provider ever.
    I hear Bell is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haw VOIP (Voice over IP)
    1. First off, its not a phone in the traditional sense of the word.
    2. The were so pissed off at dropped calls and complete outings that within six months all of the four were back to Telus.
    3. They lost their home phone numbers also as Shaw had a different number.
    But hey, don't believe me: Google Shaw sucks, or Shaw phone sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think a lot of Shaw staff are monitoring this blog and spamming it. I have four friends that tried Shaw VOIP (Voice over IP)
    1. First off, its not a phone in the traditional sense of the word.
    2. The were so pissed off at dropped calls and complete outings that within six months all of the four were back to Telus.
    3. They lost their home phone numbers also as Shaw had a different number.
    But hey, don't believe me: Google Shaw sucks, or Shaw phone sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting. I will NEVER use Telus products for as long as I live however I am willing to give Shaw a try for one major reason - you can get a human on the phone when you call them. I'll update later if there are issues.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rogers used to send bills sporadically (i.e. I'd receive the one month and not the next). My theory is that unless you can be bothered to communicate what I owe you and for what services, then I'm not going to go out of my way (and spend my time) to hunt you down. I'm not going to spend time in your IVR and speaking to poorly training CSRs to determine how much I owe you. The next month I'd receive an angry letter demanding immediate payment otherwise my service would be cut off.

    Eventually I switched to having my credit card automatically charged on a monthly basis. Strangely enough, Rogers hasn't had a single problem sending me a bill since then.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rogers Home Phone will drop out for hours. Once for as long as 5 days. DO NOT GET ROGERS HOME PHONE. More details:
    http://rogershomephoneservicecomplaints.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Do not spam this blog! Google and Yahoo DO NOT follow comment links for SEO. If you post an unrelated link advertising a company or service, you will be reported immediately for spam and your link deleted within 30 minutes. If you want to sponsor a post, please let us know by reaching out to duane dot nickull at gmail dot com.